Sunday, January 28, 2018

My Mom and I: Common Activity

My mom would often play for me as I sang.  During primary days a common song I sand was "I Wonder When He Comes Again" and in High School it was "My Task."  I enjoyed singing both those songs.  When I was at the Boys Ranch she played for me then as well.  This was for a Christmas program.  I sang "Long Time Ago in Bethlehem."  I know there have been other songs through the years.  Often she would just play and I would sing.  It was fun.  At one point my mom attempted to teach me to play the piano.  If I had been a better student, I would be more proficient.  My mom would later play for almost ten years at the Logan Temple.  Now they have programmed songs, but she would play whenever she had a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Some of my fondest memories were sitting with my mom while while she and I sang songs together 70+ years ago.

    By the way, how can I get in touch with Carma Salvesen?

    ReplyDelete