Thursday, March 29, 2012

As December Leaves: Mark's High School Garage Band

Mark, as he went through high school was involved in a garage band playing what he called emorock music.  The cut a c.d. and had some pretty nice songs.  I tried to make it to al their concerts, and I think I may have accomplished that.  Sometimes they played very loudly, and that and working at Del Monte, my ear doctor has blamed for my tinnitus.  But it was worth it.  I enjoyed their music.  I only had a hard time when the did a concert at the Lamp Lighter in Campbell.  There was some kid who kept wanting to do smash dancing and didn't care who he ran into.

Mark played bass, Andrew Loc lead guitar and Chris Chavez drums.  Chris I think really wanted to be playig guitar as well.  One of the hardest things was finding a drummer.  For some time Andrew and Mark played together, calling themselves Subject to Change, but when they found a drummer they changed the name.  They usually sang lead vocals for the songs they wrote.  My favorite is Seaside Burns Tonight that Mark wrote.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx2iIhtKOKM&context=C4182454ADvjVQa1PpcFPV-v3VBttmWpU8avrD7yp5ZSu0a3qtNcA=

Their myspace site is still up and features several of their songs.  They cut one c.d. that Chris put together.  The songs on the myspace site are from the c.d.
http://www.myspace.com/asdecemberleaves
I am not sure if my space works anymore.  But here are a couple more youtube movies
One on addiction, and the other about my father.
I got to help carry stuff from time to time.  Jeremy was more involved with them.  He was putting together a picture album at one time.  The use to pla for school drama stuff where Mark was active.  Also talent shows, the Lamplighter, and where ever the could.  They were even on t.v. at one point playing during High School Sports Beat.  The same show Mark was on for a second getting an assist for the Cupertino soccer team.

No comments:

Post a Comment