Saturday, January 18, 2014

Carbondale, Ill Branch Relief Society and Outing.

We lived in Carbondale for my 5th and 6th grades, or 1966 to 1968.  We were members of the Carbondale Branch of the Carbondale District.  The President of the district lived in our ward.  Our branch president was Steve Nielsen.  My father served as scout master.  My mother was in the primary, and then was called as the relief society president.
I remember one week in church she was assigned to not buy anything as a family, and to just eat from our food storage.  We had a very small apartment at the time, and not much space for food storage.  We made it until we had the missionaries over for dinner.  My mom bought ice cream to serve them.
On of the high lights of her service as the president was putting on a Hawaiian luau party for the sisters.

Party

Inside the foyer, mom 2nd from left, Mardean Nielsen right
branch picnic (mom and Mardean)

relief society (mom 4th from left)


No comments:

Post a Comment