Saturday, April 5, 2014

Coaching Caleb in Flag Football

As the kids grew up, coaching them was one of my special privileges.  I mostly coached soccer and baseball, and for a couple season basketball.  Then there was on year I coached Caleb in flag football with California Youth Sports.  This was really a pleasure.  I must admit I can't remember the names of the kids, or the other coaches, but we had fun, and our team was really good.  There was one other team that was also very good, and man did we have a good game.  It went back and forth, and to be honest I don't remember who won.  I remember one play that we did a quick pass to Caleb, and someone almost got his flag behind the line of scrimmage, but he made it around the corner, and then the entire field was open to him.  It was exciting.  I don't know if we have any pictures, but I have my t-shirt, which is getting old and ready of the DI, so I had Miranda take a picture of it. We played at Blackford High School, and practiced at Maywood Park.  The players came from a much broader area than usual sports.  It was like thee first year of the league.

Caleb front row, second from right.

No comments:

Post a Comment