Saturday, December 24, 2016

World Symposium on Hunger

I attended the Symposium on World Hunger held at the Spectrum in Logan in 1981.  This was my last year at Utah State.  I remember attending with my mother.  I also assume Charlie and Dianna were there.
John Denver and the Mormon tabernacle Choir sang.  I remember the choir performed "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and several other songs.  I don't remember the discourses, but I do remember they predicted ending world hunger by the end of the millennium which would have been 2000.
I don't have any pictures, but here is a rehearsal picture I found.  That is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in the back ground in rehearsal clothing.  They were dressed up for the Symposium.

The high light of the evening was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and John Denver performing "I Want to Live" a John Denver song.  I also remember the Spectrum being pretty much full.  It was a wonderful free concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment