Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Another Hyrum loss: Brother Dorigatti


I noticed the obituary for James L. Dorigatti in the Herald Journal through Facebook.  There was a time I travelled considerably with Brother Dorigatti.  The second year my brother coached at Tintic High School, his son Richard transferred to his school and played for him.  They had a good team and made it to the state championship.  Anyway, often I would travel with Brother Dorigatti in his Pontiac Transam.  One time we travelled to Rich County for a game.  He told me how he had started his career there and the influence he had reducing the number of teen pregnancies.  We travelled elsewhere.  He told of his niece being murdered by Ted Bundy.

I took classes from him at Utah State University.  I took Old Testament from him.  He actually made the old testament interesting.  He was very good at telling stories.

We also maintained a relationship with the entire family, and visited in their home.  Charlie and Richard were the same age.  They played basketball and football together.  His wife Ingrid, worked for the Athletic department at Utah State University.  She would often get us tickets to a game.  I was aware of her tragic death in a three-wheeler accident.  I was not aware he remarried.  The obituary informed me of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment