Thursday, March 14, 2013

El Obelisco, Buenos Aires

This is a postcard, not my picture
The Obelisco (Obelisk) is in a plaza at the corner of 9 de Julio and Corrientes avenues in Buenos Aires.  My experience with the monument was during the regional conference, my companion and I went and sat at the base of the monument and ate our lunch of milanesa (breaded steak) sandwiches.  That was with Elder Stead.  The monument was just a short distance from where the priesthood session was held, and really not far from Luna Park where the conference was held.  The Obelisco also played an important part in the celebration after Argentina won the world cup in 1978.  There was a large crowd of people in the plaza celebrating.  I wasn't there, but saw the picture in the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment