Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Eagle Scout Project

When I received my Eagle, there was a rush to hurry us through because the standard was changing from 21 merit badges to 25.  It prompted leaders and boys alike to hurry and finish their eagle award before the end of the year. 
Looking back, I think maybe my eagle project was not what they were looking for, but nobody said anything, and it was approved by our local leadership, as well as the Scout Council.  I made cookies and treats to deliver to all the widows in our ward.  It was fun, and it provided the necessary leadership as well as the hours they were looking for.  The Bishop gave me the list of those to whom to make deliveries.

We hadn't had an Eagle in our ward for some time, but after I achieved the rank there was a flood of boys after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment