Friday, September 8, 2017

Poetry I Like: I Am a Child of God for the Parents of a Child that has Died

This was shared by Shawna Webb Tripp on Yahoo and I liked it so much I wanted to save it.  

I am a Child of God for the parents of child that has died
I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way,
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay.
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.
I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.
~Donna Kulliard

Our first boy was stillborn.  We called him simply Billy Boy.  Often I think of him in this light.

No comments:

Post a Comment