Friday, October 27, 2017

Film Discussion Group: Duckwater

I was heavily involved in prevention and educational work at Duckwater.  As part of this I started a movie series.  I would generally go to the library in Ely and get some movies.  I started a discussion group where I would show the movie the the hope of inspiring some conversation.  I wrote about this in the newsletter: Duckwater Positive. 
Film/Discussion Group Planned
Billy Wardle, social worker, is beginning a program using film and discussion.  He hopes to make this a monthly program.  It is hoped this will be a method for residents to talk about issues concerning them and also provide a method of intellectual growth. 
The first film will be presented Monday, April 16 (1984) at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the tribal auditorium.  The first film in this group deals with personal insecurities and fears and should lead to discussion. 
The groups will be about 45 minutes.  Refreshments will be served as part of each group session.

No comments:

Post a Comment