Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Mother's Letter from Mar Dean Nielsen

Steve and Mar Dean Nielsen.  Steve was the branch president of the Carbondale Branch when we lived in Illinois.  They left the area about the same time we did, moving to Las Vegas, while we moved back to Hyrum.  However the friendship continued.  We stave with the Nielsens many years later when  we traveled to Las Vegas for a funeral.
Mar Dean wrote my mother a care when mom broke her neck in a fall.
Dear Ileen,
We were so sorry to her of your accident.  You must of fallen hard to have done so much damage.
I am going through our cards again before I throw them away, when i came upon yours.  I thought I must write to her.
We had some good times in  Carbondale, didn't we.  I remember the show we went to and walked out because the language was so bad.  It would probably be "G" rated now.  The Thanksgiving that we spent at the church.  The dinner that our husbands us with at the church.  Great times!!
Take care of yourself and know that we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment