Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Life in Theater: Where's Charley?

My Junior year of high I participated as a chorus member of Where's Charley.  This is a delightful musical based on the play Charley's Aunt. The choir parts were very difficult.  The story goes that Charley and his friend Jack plan to entertain two women with Charley's Aunt as there chaperone.  When the aunt is not arriving until later, they make due with Charley taking the roll of the aunt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCZGWraWJ8


me on the left
the dress was fantastic, and durable




Everything goes well for the two, except Charley's absence is noticed.  However Mr. Spettigue becomes enamored with the rich aunt and makes a play.  That was a funny scene.
Lori Yates, my neighbor as a Brazilian dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment