Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Favorite Sunday Activity Growing Up

Sunday schedule was different growing up.  Instead of having a block schedule of meetings, you had early morning priesthood followed by Sunday School.  You would be home before 12 for Sunday dinner.  Then you returned to church in the evening of sacrament meeting. 
This gave a chunk of time in the middle of the day.  My favorite activity after dinner was to curl up with the comics of the Sunday paper.  Our Sunday paper was the Herald Journal, and sometimes Deseret News so we could get the Church News.  Weldon would insist on the sports first, so we got along.  I most enjoyed Peanuts which was on the front page of the comics, but liked others as well.  The ongoing stories did not interest me, but I would read them anyway.  There was Blondie and D.C. and Circus Family.  Great Sunday pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment