Saturday, January 19, 2013

My Life in Theater: Within These Walls 1980

Within These Walls – musical by Margaret Smoot & Robert F. Bruner.  To be honest, I don't remember this musical very well.  Hyrum Stake presented it for the 150 year anniversary of the founding of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1980.  It was during the period when I lived at home and attended Utah State University.  It was about different families that lived in the same house.   Grant Norman was the stake President.  Gary Ward the high councilman assigned to the project.  The director was Ruth Leishman.






 About this time I was in another production and sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" as John Taylor.

3 comments:

  1. Charlie Wardle I don't remember this production. Was it at the stake center?
    Billy Wardle Yes, you may have been on your mission 1980, it was at the new stake center

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun one! Way back in seventh grade, it was the first big play I was in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played Joseph in the first family in my stake's Production of it. I was 10.

    ReplyDelete