Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Moving Experience by: Connie Fornoff

A Moving Experience by: Connie Fornoff   
Our family made a move my sophomore year of school from Utah to Illinois.  We were all in the car with my dad towing a U-Haul behind the pick-up he was driving.  We were crowded and after a few hundred miles, the trip became very boring.  My brother and I kept asking my dad if we could get in the U-Haul trailer and ride.  He said we really shouldn’t because it was against the law.  But after a few hundred more miles he could take us no longer and let us get in the trailer.  We took the cat with us.  The three of us got up on the top of a mattress.  We laid there and talked.  We really enjoyed ourselves, traveling with the furniture, boxes, dishes and what not.  Dad must have enjoyed us gone as well because he let us stay there for quite awhile.  Once when he topped for gas he even opened the door and threw us in a couple of packages of Twinkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment